Scalpel SE is the ultimate marathon racer and high-speed trail slayer. World Cup fast and all-mountain fierce – this is next-level cross-country mountain bike performance. Welcome to the new school.
Superior suspension. Superior traction.
- Scalpel SE’s patented FlexPivot suspension results in more grip, more control, and more speed. 120mm of plush travel works so well that it feels like so much more – meaning all-day singletrack sessions are a gas.
Big trail capability
- Scalpel’s progressive XC attitude has evolved even further with a slack and stable 67° headtube angle – combined with shorter stems, bigger tires, dropper posts and bigger travel: if you love riding trails fast, precise and in full control, then this is the bike for you.
Light. Stiff. Fast.
- Don’t settle for just two. Pick all three. With its full carbon frame and new 4-bar FlexPivot suspension, the Scalpel is one of the lightest and stiffest full-suspension mountain bikes available. Built light to go fast = built right to have a blast.
- Lightweight BallisTec carbon FlexPivot frame / New RockShox Sid Ultimate 120mm fork / Integrated Cannondale App connectivity
- Shimano XT hydro disc 12-speed group / HollowGram crank
- HollowGram 25 S carbon tubeless-ready wheels / Cannondale DownLow dropper post / Stash kit
- Where it thrives: High-speed trails
- What it's built for: Full-throttle trail riding
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Fork||RockShox SID Select+ RL, 120mm, Debonair, 15x110mm thru-axle, tapered steerer, 44mm offset|
|Headset||Integrated Sealed Bearing, Tapered|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SIDLuxe Select+, 2-Pos mode adjust, adjustable rebound|
|Rims/Wheels||HollowGram 25, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, 28h, 25mm IW, tubeless ready|
|Hubs||(F) HollowGram, 15x110mm thru-axle / (R) HollowGram w/DT Swiss Star Ratchet internals, 12x148mm|
|Spokes||DT Swiss Competition Race, straight-pull|
|Tires||(F) Maxxis Ardent Race, 29 x 2.35", EXO Protection, tubeless ready (R) Maxxis Recon Race, 29 x 2.25", EXO Protection, tubeless ready|
|Crankset||HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset|
|Bottom Bracket||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Chain||Shimano SLX, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano XT, 10-51, 12-speed|
|Shifters||Shimano XT, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||Cannondale 1 Riser, Carbon, 31.8mm, 9° sweep, 4° rise, 780mm|
|Tape/Grips||ESI Silicone 32mm Grips|
|Stem||Cannondale 1, 7075 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 7°|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XT hydraulic disc|
|Brakes||Shimano XT hydraulic disc, 180/160mm XT rotors|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Flat Elite, cro-mo rails|
|Seat Post||Cannondale DownLow Dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 100mm (S), 125mm (M-L), 150mm (XL)|
|Accessories & Extras||Stash Kit (Fabric 8 in 1 Mini Tool and Dynaplug tubeless puncture repair tool), Tubeless valve stems|
* Subject to change without notice.